Florida Keys Information
There's no shortage of fun things to do in the Florida Keys. Whether you love water sports or prefer to stay on dry land, there are plenty of activities to enjoy. Immerse yourself in the arts and culture of the Florida Keys, sample the tropical local cuisine and experience the beauty of the outdoors.
A Nature-Lover's Paradise
With its crystal blue waters and tropical climate, the Florida Keys are truly a nature-lover's paradise. Some of the most popular outdoor activities in the Keys include fishing of all kinds, scuba diving, snorkeling, biking, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), boating, and birding
One of the area's top attractions, John Pennekamp State Park—just a 10-minute drive away from us—is the perfect place for all types of nature-lovers. If you enjoy water sports, you'll love kayaking or paddle boarding through the mangrove estuaries. Sunbathe at the park's beach or explore the miles of nature trails. Don't miss out on exploring the coral reefs. Experience the beauty and marine life from aboard a glass-bottom boat—perfect for the whole family. Or get up close and personal by snorkeling or scuba diving the reefs.
Attractions & Activities
The Coconut Palm Inn is conveniently located near attractions such as the Florida Keys History of Diving Museum, where guests can learn about Key Largo's rich history and what makes us the Diving Capital of the World. View historical artifacts, photographs and experience a full-scale replica of one of the earliest known diving machines. Other popular attractions including dolphin encounters, a variety of eco-tours and local festivals and events.
Florida Keys Arts & Culture
Experience the art and culture of island life in the Upper Keys. Browse local shops, sample tropical cuisine and experience the local art scene. Local galleries and gift shops can be found throughout the keys, but here are a few located near us that are worth checking out:
- Key Largo Art Gallery Mile Marker 103.2 (Key Largo)
- The Rain Barrel Artisan Village Mile Marker 86.7 (Islamorada)
- Lobster Trap Art Gift Shop and Gallery Mile Marker 82.2 (Islamorada)
- Morada Way Arts & Cultural District Mile Marker 81.6 (Islamorada)
The Art of Relaxation
If your definition of a fun activity while on vacation is mastering the art of relaxation, you've come to the right place! The laid-back, island lifestyle of the Keys makes it almost impossible not to relax and go with the flow. If you can manage to pull yourself away from our relaxing hammocks and outdoor pool, you might enjoy taking a sunset cruise along the bay or visiting one of the many spas in the area. No matter what activities you enjoy, the Florida Keys has something for everyone. After a long day of fun, the Coconut Palm Inn is the perfect place to rest your head and relax.'
Where is Tavernier Key?
Extending 120 miles from the Florida Everglades along the southeast tip of Florida, is a chain of 1700 coral cay archipelago islands known as the Florida Keys. To the east, visitors are enchanted by the coral reefs and expanse of the Atlantic Ocean and to the west, the sanctuary and beauty of the Gulf of Mexico. Once connected by the Overseas Railroad, now the Overseas Highway connects 43 islands along US 1 extending from Card Sound to the southernmost point of the United States in Key West. Nestled off the southern tip of The Diving Capital of the World Key Largo, and the northern tip of The Sport Fishing Capital of the World, Islamorada, is the beautiful and historically rich Tavernier Key. Tucked away from the highway, on the sunset side of the island, is an award-winning private hideaway and resort, The Coconut Palm Inn.
Upcoming Area Events:
- Ladies Let's Go Fishing Screamin's Reels, Key Largo, FL, August 14-16, 2020
- Morada Way Art Walk, Islamorada, FL, August 20, 2020
- Key West Bourbon and Blues, Key West, FL, September 3-7, 2020
- Annual Swim for Alligator Lighthouse, Tavernier, FL, September 10-12, 2020
- REEF.org 2020 Upper Keys Lionfish Derby, Key Largo, FL, September 11-13, 2020
- Redbone Celebrity Tournament Series Southernmost Light Tackle Anglers Masters, Key West, FL, September 11-13, 2020
- Morada Way Art Walk, Islamorada, FL, September 17, 2020
- 21st Annual Take Stock in Children Backcountry Series, Tavernier, FL, September 25-27, 2020
- REEF.org Fest - Celebration of Marine Conservation, Key Largo, FL, October 1-4, 2020
- Morada Bay Full Moon Party, Islamorada, FL, October 2, 2020
- 47th Annual Phil Perterson Poker Run, Key Largo, FL, October 9-11, 2020
- Morada Way Art Walk, Islamorada, FL, October 15, 2020
- 2020 Key Largo Original Songwriter Festival , Key Largo, FL, October 15-18, 2020
- Fantasy Fest - Roaring 2020s & Future Fictions, Key West, FL, October 16-25, 2020
- Race World Offshore Key West Championships, Key West, FL, November 8-15, 2020