Your Safe Stay in the Florida Keys
We are excited to be welcoming back guests to our private secluded oasis. The layout of our rooms and expansive waterfrontage has always been conducive to allow our guests to spread out.
All 19 of our rooms have their own private outdoor decks. Additionally, there are 32 separate areas for guests to sit and relax, sunbathe, BBQ, read a book, catch a nap in a hammock, watch a sunset or do nothing at all. Each area is sufficiently separated so that proper social distancing is a breeze. We are also limiting occupancy to 2 guests per room until further notice.
With the concerns surrounding COVID-19, we have enhanced our already stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols. They are designed with the safety of our guests and staff as our number one priority. We use disinfectant products that have been preapproved and certified by the EPA for use against emerging viruses, bacteria, and other airborne pathogens. We will continue to diligently follow all of the guidelines put forth by the CDC, WHO, and the State of Florida to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
During this period, some of our current operational practices and protocols around the resort include:
Several times daily, common areas and high touch surfaces are cleaned and disinfected such as hand rails, door knobs, counter tops, water coolers, entrance gates, etc. Beach chairs, lounge chairs, tables, hammocks and amenities are sanitized prior to and after guest use.
After each guest departs, the room is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the next check-in. All beds are completely stripped including all linens, bed pillows, throws, and towels and are replaced with cleaned and sanitized ones. Special attention is given to the bathroom(s) and highly touched surfaces.
Staff (Team Members):
- To ensure the health and safety of our staff, we have implemented the following:
- All team members will have their temperatures taken twice daily and those with an elevated reading will be sent home and directed to the appropriate medical care.
- Any team member that is sick will not be able to come to work
- All team members have received additional training on COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocol.
- Appropriate PPE will be provided to and worn by all team members based on their roll and responsibilities and will adhere to state and local regulations and guidance.
- Gloves will be provided to employees whose responsibilities require them including housekeeping.
- Shared tools and equipment will be sanitized before, during, and after each shift or when the equipment is transferred to a new team member. This includes phones, radios, computers, maintenance tools, cleaning equipment, keys, and time clock.
Updated Guest Experience
- Guests are to call one hour prior to arrival and again upon arrival to the property to begin curbside check in procedures.
- Upon arrival, a staff member will greet you at your vehicle to complete your check in process.
- In the interest of staff and guest safety, check-in is by appointment and early check-ins are available only by prior request.
- All guest are required to have a face mask and it must be worn when interacting with staff members. They are encouraged to be worn while in common areas or interreacting with other guests.
- Social distancing must be observed by staying at least 6 feet away from staff and guests while in common areas or moving around the grounds.
- Guests are to call the front office to inform the staff as to the time of departure.
- Please leave the room key(s) in unit.
- No late check-outs are permitted at this time.
- During your stay, your room will only be cleaned every third day. Special requests will be accommodated, if possible. For your room to be cleaned, we will need the room to be vacated by you so that you and our staff are not in the room at the same time. Please set up a time with the front desk when your room will be vacated. If you do not have your room cleaned, we will leave you fresh towels and amenities, if requested. If you would like fresh towels, we ask that you put any dirty towels in the laundry bag provided. Please place this bag along with any trash outside your door. They will be picked up during the morning housekeeping rounds. Used towels will be replaced.
Morning Sunrise Reception:
- Morning Sunrise Reception has been suspended indefinitely at this time. Coffee is provided in your room. Muffins will be delivered to your room each morning.
- All recreational amenities must be reserved and checked out with the front desk.
- All recreational activity items are sanitized before and after guests use. These include bicycles, paddleboards and paddles, kayaks and paddles, life jackets, Ping Pong table, paddles and balls, Bean Bag Toss bags, fishing rods and barbeque grill accessories. Once finished they must be returned for sanitization before the next use.
Beach, Pool, Tikis, Docks, Hammocks & BBQ’s:
- Pool lounge chairs, beach chairs, loungers, deck chairs, and tiki seating (in sets of two) hammocks and BBQ’s are placed at least 7-10 feet apart from each other to promote social distancing and are sanitized prior to and after each use.
- These areas will be tagged after sanitization prior to guest use. Any area not tagged will be off limits until sanitization has been completed. If you see a location that is not tagged and you would like to use it, please notify the front desk so that it can be sanitized for your use.
- These areas can also be reserved with the front desk the day before and will be tagged appropriately.
- Moving any chairs from their location is prohibited. Directional movement is allowed.
- Each guest room has its own private outdoor deck. Due to the current situation some ingress and egress has been altered for guest safety. Please observe barriers that have been put in place and be respectful of others guest’s private area.