- Travel & Leisure's Pick "40 Secret Beachfront Hideaways"
- Marie Claire's pick 2013 "The Weekender: Spring Break"
- TOUT Magazine's "The One That Got Away..."
- Wedding Wire 2013 "Couple's Choice" Award
- Wedding Wire 2014 "Couple's Choice" Award
- WeddingWire.com Reviews
- Coconut Palm Inn Reviews
- Florida Keys Map
- What are the Florida Keys
- John Pennenkamp Coral Reef State Park
- Key West Arts & Historical Society:Will Fernandez, Key West, Florida, June 1, 2014 to September 30, 2014
- The Art of Milard Wells, Islamorada, Florida, June 19, 2014 to August 10, 2014
- Mini Lobster Season, Key Largo, Florida, July 30-31, 2014
- Florida Lobster Season, Key Largo, Florida, August 6, 2014 to March 31, 2015
- Anything That Floats Regatta & Parade, Key Largo, Florida, August 16, 2014
- Imerse Yourself -Journey to the Bottom of the Sea, History of Diving Museum, Florida, August 20, 2014
- Dive into History: Deep Diving into the Abyss, Islamorada, Florida, August 20, 2014
- Morada Way Arts & Cultural Walk, Islamorada, Florida, August 21, 2014
- Into the Abyss Wine and Cheese reception, History of Diving Museum, Florida, August 23, 2014
- Dive into the Abyss Free Kids Activity Day, History of Diving Museum, Florida, August 24, 2014
- Key Largo to Key west Cycle Challenge, Key Largo, Florida, September 6, 2014
- Islamorada Invitational Fall Fly Bonefish Tournament, Islamorada, Florida, September 10-12, 2014
- Key Largo Lionfish Derby for Divers, Key Largo, Florida, September 12-13, 2014
- Imerse Yourself - Salvage Diving History in Keys, History of Diving Museum, Florida, September 17, 2014
- Morada Way Arts & Cultural Walk, Key Largo, Florida, September 18, 2014
- Marathon International Bone Fish Tournament, Marathon, Florida, September 18-21, 2014
- 42nd Annual Phil Peterson's Key West Poker Run, Florida Keys, Florida, September 18-21, 2014
- Herman Lucerne Memorial Tournament, the backdrop of Everglades National Park, Florida, September 19-21, 2014
- 2nd Annual Swim for Alligator Lighthouse, Islamorada, Florida, September 20, 2014
- Florida Keys Birding & Wildlife Festival, Key Largo, Florida, September 23-28, 2014
- Conch Scramble "On the Water" Charity Golf Tournament, Islamorada, Florida, September 26-27, 2014
- 14th annual Take Stock in , Key Largo, Florida, September 26-28, 2014
- Robert James Sales Baybone Celebrity Tournament, Key Largo, Florida, October 10-12, 2014
- Fall All-Tackle Bonefish & Permit Championship, Key Largo, Florida, October 13-15, 2014
- Islamorada Fall All Tackle Championship, Islamorada, Florida, October 13-15, 2014
- Ladies Let's Go Fishing, Key Largo, Florida, October 14-16, 2014
- Ghost Fishing: A moden Lobster Horror Story, History of Diving Museum, Florida, October 15, 2014
- Morada Way Arts & Cultural Walk, Key Largo, Florida, October 16, 2014
- Fantasy Fest, Key West, Florida, October 17-26, 2014
The Art of Milard Wells
"More than 50 original watercolors, culled from nearly 30 private collectors, is now on display at the Keys History & Discovery Center in Islamorada. The June 19 opening of The Art of Millard Wells is in conjunction with Millard Wells Days, June 19-22, hosted by Morada Way Arts & Cultural District and Pasta Pantaleo.
Wells (1921-2012) was a member of the prestigious American Watercolor Society beginning in 1966 and was one of the most prolific watercolor specialists in Florida. He was a founder and past president of the Florida Watercolor Society. He is best remembered locally for this many contributions to the Upper Keys community, particularly through his paintings given as awards in countless fishing tournaments.
In addition to the Wells exhibit, the Keys History & Discovery Center is pleased to unveil its first of many permanent exhibits Legends of the Line. It is a historical perspective of the development of sport fishing in the Upper Keys, including high-profile fishermen like the prolific Zane Grey and baseball’s iconic Ted Williams. Legends of the Line explores, not only the characters that helped develop fishing practices used today, but also the development of a brand new industry tourism.
The exhibit runs Thursday, June 19 through Sunday, Aug. 10 at the Discovery Center in Islamorada, MM 82, located at the Islander Resort, a Guy Harvey Outpost. The exhibit is open Thursdays through Sundays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. General admission is $12. Admission for seniors is $10 and children 13 and under are free. The exhibit is sponsored by the Florida Keys History and Discovery Foundation, a not-for-profit organization formed to develop and operate the Florida Keys History & Discovery Center. For more information, call 305-922-2237 or visit our website at www.keysdiscovery.com." NAPLESNEWS.com
(Learn more about the Art of Milard Wells)