- Upper Keys Property of the Year 2014
- Travel & Leisure's Pick "40 Secret Beachfront Hideaways"
- Marie Claire's pick 2013 "The Weekender: Spring Break"
- TOUT Magazine's "The One That Got Away..."
- Wedding Wire 2013 "Couple's Choice" Award
- Wedding Wire 2014 "Couple's Choice" Award
- WeddingWire.com Reviews
- Coconut Palm Inn Reviews
- Florida Keys Map
- What are the Florida Keys
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park
- Florida Lobster Season, Key Largo, Florida, August 6, 2014 to March 31, 2015
- "The Producers" - Marathon Community Theater, Marathon, Florida, March 5, 2015 to April 4, 2015
- Immerse Yourself - Man's Relationship With the Sea, Islamorada, Florida, April 15, 2015
- Morada Way Arts & Cultural Walk, Islamorada, Florida, April 16, 2015
- 34th Annual Seven Mile Bridge Run, Marathon, Florida, April 18, 2015
- 21st Annual Bay Jam, Islamorada, Florida, April 19, 2015
- Outdoor Pops-In-The-Park: Young Musicians Concert, Islamorada, Florida, April 25, 2015
- "The Fox on the Fairway"-Marathon Community Theater, Marathon, Florida, May 7-23, 2015
- Key Largo's Original Music Festival, Key Largo, Florida, May 14-17, 2015
- Ocean Life 2014-2015 Series - Aquaris, To Live and Work Beneath the Sea, Key Largo, Florida, May 15, 2015
- Battle in the Bay Dragon Boat Festival, Marathon, Florida, May 16, 2015
- Morada Way Arts & Cultural Walk, Islamorada, Florida, May 21, 2015
The Art of Milard Wells
"More than 50 original watercolors, culled from nearly 30 private collectors, is now on display at the Keys History & Discovery Center in Islamorada. The June 19 opening of The Art of Millard Wells is in conjunction with Millard Wells Days, June 19-22, hosted by Morada Way Arts & Cultural District and Pasta Pantaleo.
Wells (1921-2012) was a member of the prestigious American Watercolor Society beginning in 1966 and was one of the most prolific watercolor specialists in Florida. He was a founder and past president of the Florida Watercolor Society. He is best remembered locally for this many contributions to the Upper Keys community, particularly through his paintings given as awards in countless fishing tournaments.
In addition to the Wells exhibit, the Keys History & Discovery Center is pleased to unveil its first of many permanent exhibits Legends of the Line. It is a historical perspective of the development of sport fishing in the Upper Keys, including high-profile fishermen like the prolific Zane Grey and baseball’s iconic Ted Williams. Legends of the Line explores, not only the characters that helped develop fishing practices used today, but also the development of a brand new industry tourism.
The exhibit runs Thursday, June 19 through Sunday, Aug. 10 at the Discovery Center in Islamorada, MM 82, located at the Islander Resort, a Guy Harvey Outpost. The exhibit is open Thursdays through Sundays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. General admission is $12. Admission for seniors is $10 and children 13 and under are free. The exhibit is sponsored by the Florida Keys History and Discovery Foundation, a not-for-profit organization formed to develop and operate the Florida Keys History & Discovery Center. For more information, call 305-922-2237 or visit our website at www.keysdiscovery.com." NAPLESNEWS.com
(Learn more about the Art of Milard Wells)